CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 18, 2008

*My surgery*

My surgery was last Monday and it was a hard day for me and all my family. I got to the surgery center at 11:00am and they checked me in and took me back to prepare me for the surgery. While I was there my father in law was taking care of Sarah all day and my husband had Aaron there with him in the waiting room. After they took me back I had to change into the surgery gown and they started an IV in my hand. Then they let my husband come back and talk to me for a short time while they gave me some medicine to help me relax. After that he had to go back to the waiting room and they took me into the operating room. There they gave me another shot into my IV tube and then I was sleeping. My husband said the doctor came out to talk to him after the surgery and showed him some pictures of my insides and where she found the IUD that had been put in wrong. It was caught in my intestine and she said it was good we had surgery because it would have caused an infection. So I was glad she found it and removed it. Once I woke up from the surgery I was sick and in a lot of pain. They gave me some pills but they didn't help to much. I was still sick when they told my husband to go get the car. I guess they needed the space for the next person in line but it was hard for me because I was still feeling so sick on my stomach. My husband carried everything out and put Aaron in the car and brought the car to the door where the nurse help me to go out to the car. I was still feeling sick and thought I would vomit on the way home but I fell asleep instead. My husband got my prescription filled for pain pills and I was so glad because I was hurting, then he bought me Chinese from a nice place so I could eat something and not be sick on my stomach anymore.
I couldn't feel any pain when they were doing the surgery just when I woke up after the surgery I felt a lot of pain and I felt kind of dizzy until we got home. Anyway, the pain took about 2 or 3 days before it went away. I'm fine now and I am glad it's over and hope I never have to do that again. I am so very thankful and grateful to God for helping and taking care of me. Also to my husband who is taking care with our two babies and cleaning the house while I can't do any work and lifting. Hopefully I'll be back to normal after one week or before my husband will go back to work.

0 comments: